Choosing Your Level Of Accommodation
Himalayan Footsteps® listen, advise and create travel proposals using our personalised travel planning system which means we offer a range in standards of holiday accommodation in our destinations. All of our accommodation is hand-picked unless otherwise requested, and is locally owned with local character, good service and charm. We understand that where you stay is a major part of your holiday and a good night’s sleep is of paramount importance. The type of accommodation available will depend on availability and location:
- Trekking – camp (basic)
- Trekking – tea house lodge (basic)
- Home Stay (basic)
- Monastery Retreat (basic)
- Camping in Rajasthan (glamping, 2-star equivalent)
- Budget Hotel (2 star)
- Medium Hotel (3 star)
- Luxury Hotel (4-5 star)
- Heritage Hotel (4-5 star)
- Safari Lodge (3-5 star)
Himalayan Footsteps® offers reasonable rates for single travellers where an extra payment, often called a single room supplement, is required. This extra amount varies greatly depending on the destination and season, it’s worth contacting us for personalised travel planning.
Himalayan Footsteps® regularly inspects the accommodation we use for basic good practice to ensure there is a reasonably good safety management system in place at all properties. All accommodation should have the following:
- Adequate and current Public Liability Insurance
- Operating Licences or equivalent issued by local or national authorities
- Fire Safety Certificate or similar
- A written Health and Safety Policy
- A documented process for carrying out risk assessments, inspections and checks on all parts of the accommodation and evidence that these are being carried out
- A training program for all accommodation staff in relation to health and safety issues
- A commitment to maintaining and improving safety standards
Limited Availability & Overbooking
On rare occasions, alternative arrangements may need to be made due to the lack of availability of rooms. A similar standard of accommodation will be found in these instances.
We’d love to hear from you, please comment below!