Vision & Purpose
Himalayan Footsteps® exists to take the seemingly Himalayan task of long-haul travel and make it easy so that we can design and deliver more ethical unique adventures in the Himalayas and Asia for discerning travellers.
We believe in our role in society and ability to improve the world via our responsibilities to practice good stewardship, act ethically, and bring about transformation in our marketplace that honours communities, customers, suppliers, employees, competitors, the disenfranchised, the poor and needy.
We’re a family run business with over 10 years of experience organising holidays and inviting people to enjoy our hospitality and family-like relationship that is personalised, caring, respectful and honest where we all become part of a wonderful family of ethical travellers. Our family philosophy also extends to our friends, partners and colleagues in our destinations, particularly Nepal where we work closely with Nepalese relatives.
Established in 2007, we’re a specialist tour operator to The Himalayas, Everest, Nepal, India, Bhutan, Tibet, China, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Bangladesh. Our heart is in these countries, we work diligently for all good things there and are ready at all times to share them.
What makes us different
- specialist in ethical luxury and adventure holidays in The Himalayas and Asia for the discerning traveller.
- the freedom to live a unique adventure with our personalised travel planning system.
- speed and attention from a family run business that also has family ties in Nepal.
- ethical and improving the world one holiday at a time.
- peace of mind knowing that your money and holiday are fully protected.
- Keep promises
- Tell the truth
- Make restitution for harm done
- Respect the rights of others
- Responsibly steward natural resources
- Show concern for the poor, needy and disenfranchised
- Maintain healthy relationships
- Follow due process
- Extend hospitality